Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Cold, as in temperature, health, mood, and ambience.


For the last two weeks, I have been sick.  Coughing, hacking, sneezing, blowing nose, fighting headace: feeling generally crummy.  I think I am finally coming back down from it, but it was a nasty, nasty bug.  So bad, I couldn't do jury duty for most of the second week. I have hardly been out of the house for 2 weeks.

Outside, it has been cold.  While we were almost in shorts for Christmas, we are now in the middle of winter.  Wind chills below zero.  Today it snowed,and there seems to be more on the way.

Our house is cold.  It's too big to keep heated all the time, so we run from one warm spot to another.  A lot of layers and blankets.

I have done almost nothing in the last two weeks except flog myself through a book for book club, which I may not even be able to get to, depending on snow tomorrow, watch a lot of politics on tv and a lot of movies on Amazon Prime.  We have been living off Whole Foods soup and various snack/type supplements.  I have eaten three boxes of tangerines.  The only good part of it, was that I didn't have to figure out whether or not I was too sick to go to work: I just slumped into my bed coccoon.

Why is this blog-worthy?  I haven't a clue.  Just felt like I had to put something down and had no interesting experiences or even thoughts to report.

I miss summer.  The picture is of my feet in Lake Superior last July.

#cold
#sick
#ReadyforWinterToBeOver

1 comment :

  1. Oh dear, I do hope that you are on the mend! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete