Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I am Losing My Equilibrium


I am sure there was an easier way to do this. We are now trying to get as much stuff in boxes that we can to take to the condo before putting the house on sale. Of course, that won't be til April, but since we are going to Budapest next week, we have to front-load the work.

Here is our sequence.

1.  Workers are now in the house to make renovations for house to sell.  We are here til February 29, packing up what will have to go before the house is staged.  Of course this stuff can only be stored in a few places (i.e., our bedroom), because work is going on in the rest of the house.

2.  February 29, we leave for Budapest,  March 1 to April 1, we try to leave all this behind, and have fun.

3.  Sometime in the last week in March, we will close on the condo.  This will be done via our broker.

4.  April 1, we arrive home after a long haul overseas flight, i.e., exhausted.

5.  April 2-7, we try to get as much stuff in the condo as possible so that the house looks good.

6,  April 8, we put the house on the market and hope for the best.

What is wrong with this schedule?  Well, I leave it to your imagination.  I am sure something will come up.  The challenge will be not to dwell on it.  Sure!


#BuyingACondo
#SellingAHouse
#LivingInChaos

3 comments :

  1. I love your house so much and wish I had a reason to move to Louisville so I could buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabetha, I SO wish I could just give it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS it looks even better now. Lots of work done on it.

    ReplyDelete